Some notable mandates of SJL include:
Private Equity / Venture Capital / Investment Funds
- the European Energy Efficiency Fund as Luxembourg tax and legal counsel. The EEEF is an innovative European public-private partnership dedicated to mitigating climate change through energy efficiency measures and the use of renewable energy in the member states of the European Union. It has been set-up in the form of a Luxembourg SIF and is managed by Deutsche Bank;
- GDF Suez with respect to a EUR 2,2 billion assets under management SICAV-SIF used as a Pension Pooling Vehicle. Negotiation of the terms and conditions of all the agreements in connection with the change of the services providers to the fund (central administration, paying agent, domicilation agent, custodian bank...) in Luxembourg;
- a US investment firm on the structuring and setting-up of a EUR 2,2 billion Senior Infrastructure Debt Fund under the form of a specialised investment fund (SIF);
- a Hedge Fund in the acquisition of the controlling-majority stake in 28 SPVs holding commercial properties in Germany with a market value of EUR 1 billion.
- two US private equity houses in a restructuring of existing loans of EUR 75 million;
- a leading European energy group in the change of custodian bank, registrar and transfer agent, paying agent, domiciliation agent and administration agent of a SICAV which has been set up as a Pension Pooling Vehicle for such group of companies with EUR 2 billion assets under management;
- a UK alternative investment fund promoter in the setting-up of a specialised investment fund (SIF);
- a leading French investment fund in the EUR 200 million acquisition (and refinancing) of a French leading underwear manufacturer, the refinancing of existing facilities and the financing of the acquisition.