“Next Generation Partner”
Antoine Fortier Grethen
Antoine is a Partner and heads the Fund Finance practice of SJL and is advising on Banking & Finance transactions, with a particular focus on fund finance, real estate finance, debt capital markets, corporate and acquisition finance transactions.
Before joining SJL, Antoine spent 12 years at Loyens & Loeff, including 2 years as local partner.
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
Antoine is recommended as a “Next Generation Partner” (Legal 500, 2021).
- He is recognized as “technically knowledgeable and pragmatic”, “whose versatile knowledge in the space includes advice to borrowers and lenders across equity bridge facilities, management lines, co-investment and carry schemes financings.” – Legal 500, 2021.
- “The responsive and reliable Antoine Fortier-Grethen is attuned to our needs, and our client’s needs, as Luxembourg finance support for global fund financings.” – Legal 500, 2021.
- “The 'constructive and helpful' Antoine Fortier-Grethen has a particular expertise in relation to fund financing." – Legal 500, 2019.
- Antoine is the author of major publications in fund finance transactions, in particular on the impact of investors’ side letters, security structures and pledge in respect of investors’ commitments in fund finance transactions. He co-authored for several years the Luxembourg Chapter of the “pink book” on Fund Finance published by Global Legal Insight.
- He is also a regular contributor to the Doing Business Project of the World Bank Group.
- Antoine is a regular lecturer since 2008 for master degrees at the University of Lorraine, on contract law, business law and finance transactions.
Antoine holds a Master Degree in Business Administration from the Institution d’Administration des Entreprises and a Master Degree in Business Law – International Trade Law, University of Lorraine.
He is admitted to the Luxembourg Bar and the Paris Bar.
Antoine is fluent in English, French and has good written and verbal knowledge in Luxemburgish.