"The team is well experienced, always very communicative and efficient."
Chambers & Partners, 2014
Credits & Awards
SJL is a recommended and acclaimed business law firm.
SJL is "highly recommended as a leading law firm in Banking and Finance" since 2012.
- "The service is impressive. The lawyers are diligent, responsive, pragmatic and legally excellent, and they know the market." – Chambers & Partners, 2016.
- "Esteemed banking and finance practice, home to a dedicated and experienced bench of practitioners. Sought after for advice on the local aspects of complex financing transactions" – Chambers & Partners, 2015.
- "Advised Hansteen Holdings on a EUR 235 million financing facility granted by a syndicate of banks including Natixis, Helaba and SEB" – Chambers & Partners, 2015.
- "The team is well experienced, always very communicative and efficient" – Chambers & Partners, 2014.
- "This business boutique handles an impressive range of financing, refinancing and restructuring mandates, as well as advising on finance issues relating to corporate transactions. Its recent activity includes assisting Doosan Infracore with the Luxembourg aspects of the repayment and partial refinancing of a USD 2.9 billion loan facility, as well as the negotiation of a new USD 1.7 billion facility" – Chambers & Partners, 2013.
- "Sources say: “The team is responsive and has a fantastic understanding of clients' commercial needs”
- "This recently established boutique enters the rankings as a result of enthusiastic client feedback. Primarily acting for financial institutions, its advice encompasses the full range of banking and finance work, including secured loans, restructuring and capital markets. The compact team is particularly noted for its finance expertise and has handled a number of significant mandates in the area, including representing Arminius Funds on the EUR 1 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in a commercial property portfolio from Eurocastle Investment"– Chambers & Partners, 2012.
SJL is "a leading law firm in Banking and Finance" since 2011.
- "SJL advised ESO Capital Partners, as lender, on a €32m senior term loan to Moventas Gears Oy." – Legal500, 2016.
- "SJL advised Aviva on the issuance of €450m secured notes through a securitisation vehicle" – Legal500, 2015.
- This "finance and tax boutique advises both borrowers and lenders on major financings, and recently acted for the City of Warsaw on its PLN 1 billion financing by the EIB (European Investment Bank)" – Legal500, 2014.
- "SJL provides ‘very efficient support, including excellent co-ordination skills with the various stakeholders involved in the transaction’. It acted as Luxembourg adviser to Doosan on the repayment and partial refinancing of a USD 2.9 billion facility agreement and on new facility agreements totalling USD 1.72 billion" – Legal500, 2013.
- SJL is a "TOP-NOTCH FOR FINANCE" – "The firm has already created an impressive banking client base, and has completed a series of noteworthy structured finance transactions, refinancings and real estate deals" – Legal500, 2011.
SJL is "a leading law firm in Investment Funds" since 2014.
- "SJL advises clients on a range of fund structures including SIFs, private equity funds and real estate funds" – Legal500, 2015.
- The firm "acted for Blackstone on setting up and structuring a specialised fund investing in a portfolio of EUR 2.2 billion infrastructure loans" – Legal500, 2014.
SJL is "leading law firm in Corporate" since 2014.
Headed by Pierre-Alexandre Lechantre, boutique law firm SJL has a focus on general corporate matters, private equity and real estate transactions. Clients include Marfrig Global Foods, Arminius and Infrared Capital Partners – Legal500, 2016.
- "SJL’s work includes advising Infrared Capital Partners on a joint venture acquisition" – Legal500, 2015.
- This "highly responsive’" firm "has been growing with hires at senior associate level from UK Magic Circle firms" – Legal500, 2014.
The firm joins the ranking following the hire a tax specialist from Baker & McKenzie.